Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chicken Rice Porridge...

This is all I’ve been able to stomach the last few days:



The reason for my ailment was too much of this:


The weekend started off with some eating, shopping, drinking and then checking-in at our hotels. The other girls stayed at Bellagio and TI while we stayed at THEhotel.


A few of us entering XS at Encore.


The club is really beautiful.


We immediately started drinking. (Drinks were expensive!)


Then it started raining money on the dance floor.


Guess what we were planning on doing with our new-found wealth?
(...and yes, I am holding my heels. I ditched them for flats.)


Buy more drinks of course.


At the end of the night, I discovered that I left my debit card at the bar. The Vegas lost and found system works pretty well. We picked up a shirt left by someone who attended the bachelor party two weeks ago and we picked up my debit card from Wynn the next day. On the taxi ride to the airport, I spotted a sign in the cab about noting the cab number just in case you leave something. The Las Vegas Taxicab Authority has a pretty good lost and found department.

Isn't he a cutie? He's the bride's twin brother. (Notice how sober everyone looks during the ride to the club.)


Just left JET and on our way to eat pho at the 24 hour pho restaurant. Apparently my friend and my future sis-in-law wheeled and dealed a drop-off and pick-up at the pho restaurant. I also have a very silly video of us talking about our cute driver, Unga. (I'm not sure if he was really cute.)


I won't post any pictures from the restaurant. It was my last real meal. Here's a picture of me waiting outside the restaurant. I'm holding two bags full of heels.


***Pictures are courtesy of my friends. I'm a terrible photographer. I borrowed the bf's point-n-shoot camera and I didn't know how to operate the darn thing.

To make the rice porridge:
1. Rinse and boil some rice until soft. Add coarsely minced chicken breast. Bring to a boil and simmer until chicken is cooked.

2. Add salt and pepper. If you're really ill, you may want to stop here. Add MSG, maggi sauce, chili in soy bean oil, fried shallots or garlic, sliced green onions and chopped cilantro when you're feeling better. Enjoy!

0 comments: