Friday, June 11, 2010

Pho Fusion Restaurant in San Diego



I flew back to San Diego a few weeks ago to see a friend's new baby girl. I co-hosted the baby shower back in February.

We all met up for lunch at Pho Fusion. The restaurant was very busy so my friend ended up going back to the kitchen to help cook. (It's her family's restaurant so she ends up helping out a lot.) I love the food at Pho Fusion. The restaurant started off as a hip boba cafe. (If I recall correctly, Fusion opened its doors around 2002. Prior to opening Fusion, the yummy food was served at the original Linda Vista Food To Go.) The menu was recently expanded to include pho. I didn't order the pho. My favorite items are the barbecued chicken and the barbecued chicken sandwiches (banh mi).
I had the bobo tea but someone else at the table order the Vietnamese coffee.


I ordered the barbecued chicken rice dish...

...and a barbecued chicken sandwich.


My friend ordered the barbecue beef (or was it pork) rice plate.

Stop by Pho Fusion if you happen to be in San Diego and craving delicious homestyle Vietnamese cooking. Everything served in the restaurant is prepared with care using high quality ingredients. My friend's mom believes that if the food is not fit to serve to her family, then it is not fit to serve to her customers. Remember the yummy spring rolls (goi cuon) that my friend made for the baby shower? All the ingredients (including the dipping sauce) was from Pho Fusion's kitchen.

Pho Fusion
8038 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92111-1615
(858) 278-1224

0 comments: