Sunday, January 25, 2009

Random Shower Pictures

I'm not going to go through the steps the of cinnamon buns because I already posted that. I did them with the Kitchenaid this time.

The frosting for the cinnamon rolls. This time I sorta followed the instructions. It made a very nice fluffy frosting. This frosting actually looks better than the Ina Garten coconut cupcake frosting recipe. The difference is the margarine versus the butter.

Blue Bonnet margarine. Look at the difference in the shapes of the margarine quarters. The long one was purchased about a week ago and the short fat one was purchased a few days ago.


Dry ingredients for the double-batch of cinnamon rolls.

The dough that I had to divide in half and wait an hour for the mixer to cool down.

Rounded double-batch of dough.

I let the dough rise a little longer since I left for tea.


Sunday morning at 6:00 am. Waiting for the oven to preheat and then bake the rolls two pans at a time in one layer. I didn't have enough 9 inch square pans. I had various shapes. The squares produced the best results.

This is in one of my odd-shaped round pans.

My ideal square pan.

8:13 am. All baked, rearranged into rectangular foil pans, iced, and covered. I should have taken the picture before covering them.


Food table at the shower. I was actually not in charge of the menu or the food. One of the other hostesses put together a menu and made most of the food. Other guests insisted on bring something. Lisa knows such talented ladies. I only made the cinnamon rolls and the one of the other hostesses helped me make the cupcakes. She also helped rolled the cinnamon rolls.


I don't know why Nicole is so excited. She is the second one from the right.

Guests enjoying their food.
This entry was posted in

0 comments: