Monday, December 21, 2009

Last Minute Christmas Shopping and My New Camera Bag

I am so excited! I just received, in the mail, my new *emera camera tote. I ordered it last Thursday and it was shipped the same day. I can’t believe how quickly Nathiya was able to process the orders. She must be superhuman.

I would post a picture of the bag and how I plan on arranging my “equipment” but I am exhausted. I did speed shopping after work today. I work two blocks from Cherry Creek mall (I can see Macy’s and Sak’s from my office) but I still managed to procrastinate on the holiday shopping. Every single time I thought about shopping, I would get a panic attack and as a result of the panic attack, I would order something for myself.

Today, I forced myself to go to the mall (my intention was to go during the day but that didn’t happen) after work and buy for everyone on my list. I did it in less than two hours. I did wimp out and buy a few gift cards but a majority of the gifts were real gifts. I was a little frustrated because I wanted cute stuff for my friends' babies but most of the stores I went to either had no children’s section or a pathetic selection. I didn’t get the first or second choice items for the little ones but I still managed to get some cute stuff.

I’ll post more about my bag when I get a chance.


***Edit***

I finally took a picture of the bag and how I pack everything for traveling. I used the bag on my latest trip to San Diego and will likely use it on the snowboarding/skiing trip later this month and on the trip back to San Diego the following week for my friend's babyshower.


The camera goes in the compartment on the right. The middle compartments holds a wallet and a lens (in the round red bag). The compartments on the left holds cords, cards, adapters and a pack of Kleenex. The zipper holds an iphone and/or ipod.

There was still plenty of room so I tossed a small purse on top of everything.
The red satin bags are from last season's MAC holiday makeup brush kits. I bought two sets and never used the bags. Each set came with the small flat zipper pouch and a cylindrical zipper pouch. I use the flat ones for carrying small flat camera accessories such as SD cards and Memory Stick Duos. I use the cylindrical pouches for lenses.
Why do I love pretty bags so much? The bag is almost perfect. If I could ask for a design change, I would ask for a small pocket on the back to slip a small-ish laptop in. I love my current laptop bag but it is a bit much to carry both the camera tote and the laptop bag on an airplane. Below is the laptop bag that I always get compliments on when I travel. It is a Chinese silk brocade bag from Abbi New York. Everyone thinks it is a special designer bag. I got it on sale at TJMaxx. (Shh...it is my secret.) I didn't do a very good job taking pictures of it. Go to this site for better pictures and a nice review.

1 comments:

GW said...

Wow, I covet that camera bag! I'm so glad there are attractive camera bags available now, and can't wait to get one for my DSLR and gear.