Monday, June 22, 2009

My New Dining Table


Okay not completely new but new to me. I found a great deal on this dining table set and china cabinet. Both came out of a model home. I saved at least $1,500, not including savings from tax and delivery. I love it when I find great deals. The bf knows that I love to spend money but I always spend wisely. Gone are the days where I will stroll into a Neimans and pay full price for jeans. I love finding great deals. It makes me really happy.

I realize this post is another non-food post. But I think is slightly food related. After all I will likely be doing a lot of entertaining with this table. I currently have six chairs. I am considering ordering two additional chairs.

The pictures are from the model home. The set is currently in the new place and it is not completely assembled yet but will be in a few days. I plan on using the same color scheme. I love red and the contrast of red and dark espresso brown is perfect. I initially wanted a square bar height table with seating for eight but unfortunately the dining area in the place is rectangular rather than square.

I want new stuff but it will have to wait. I still have many pieces from my downtown highrise condo. The building was modeled after many NYC buildings and included a door man. The furniture I purchased for the place was a little more on the modern style. I bought a lot of chrome. My couch was beautiful red with chrome feet. I loved that couch. My dinette, coffee tables and end table were all chrome and glass. My bed is even chrome and pleather. I sold many of the pieces as I moved throughout this city but I still have some of them. I'll have to make the old stuff work with the new. I'm reading a lot of apartment therapy right now to see how I can make it not look so eclectic.

We are approximately 75% moved. I have a few little items and all the large furniture items left to move. The bf has a wonderful friend who does contract work moving furniture out of foreclosed homes. He is moving all of our furniture.

The bf's idea of moving is not exactly my idea of moving. I usually pack my moving boxes (I am very picky about using actual moving boxes), tape, and label them and then wait for the movers to come. Yesterday the bf stuffed my car and his car full with my stuff and moved it all over to the new place. It took several trips. He said it was easier this way. My legs were very sore and I was not a happy camper. I broke a nail.

1 comments:

robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.