Friday, June 19, 2009

Royal Chicken & Crab Cheese Wontons from Moongate Asian Grill




I haven't been cooking much. We got back from vacation last week and are now packing because we are moving next week. I still want to post about food. I took these pictures are Moongate Asian Grill. It was taken a few weeks ago. We were on our way to the Nuggets vs Lakers Conference Finals game and grabbed some dinner. I didn't want to eat food at The Pepsi Center. (The Nuggets lost that night and eventually lost the series.)

I ordered the Royal Chicken. The restaurant describes it as the Thai version of Cashew Chicken. I'm not sure if it is authentic Thai. I love the stuff but I don't know how to make it. There is chicken breast, an assortment of veggies and cashew nuts in a sweet soy-based sauce. The bf ordered Drunken Noodles (his favorite) and Crab Cheese Wontons (aka Crab Rangoon). The Drunken Noodles in Denver a a little different from the Drunken Noodles I am used to ordering from Thai restaurants in San Diego. The Denver version is still very good but it is just not the same. One of my dear friend's mother showed me how to make a version but her version used a paste of red bell peppers.

The bf loves Crab Cheese Wontons. I can't stand the stuff. He orders it at every Asian restaurant. He says my mom's version is still the best. He ate over 30 when my mom made it for my friend's baby shower. My mom usd Knorr powder, chopped green onions and frozen peas in addition to the imitation crab and cream cheese.

I think I am going to bed a little earlier today. Maybe right after the Rockies game ends but perhaps a little earlier. I woke up at the crack of dawn this morning to go pick up my iPhone 3G S at AT&T. The lines were not that bad. Maybe because this time around they sold a lot of pre-ordered phones that were delivered directly to the customer. I had to go in because I pre-ordered in the store and had to trade in my old one.

0 comments: