Thursday, April 13, 2006

Passover Dinner

Kosher Brownies:

Matzo:

I was invited to have Passover dinner last night. I was asked to bring kosher wine. I went to the liquor store and as I stood there I thought there was a mistake. She did not mean kosher passover wine. She cannot because the stuff was about $4 a bottle. I called Lisa and talked to her husband Aaron. He told me that yes kosher wine is cheap and disgustingly sweet but it is ritual so I can buy a regular bottle of wine and another bottle of drinkable wine. I grabbed the Manischewitz and a bottle of sauvignon blanc.

Dinner was awesome. It was a four and a half hour long production.

From 6:00-7:00 - was appetizers. Aaron told the story behind the food we ate. Julie had gefilte fish, charote, hardboiled eggs, matzo, and bitter herbs with salt water.

7:00-9:00 - Dinner consisted of brisket, chicken, some kind of mushroom dish with matzo, matzo ball soup, delicious kugel that reminded me of quiche, and salad.

9:00 -10:30 - Dessert

0 comments: