Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spice Haul




I notice that the lens of my camera is dirty.

I went to Savory Spice Shop www.savoryspiceshop.com to pick up some asafetida for my aloo chole that I am making for SoupGroup this weekend. (Technically aloo chole is not a soup but we usually bend the rules and put different items into our SoupGroup containers.) I was like a kid in a candy store. I am this way in a lot of different stores (i.e. makeup, shoe, book...). I spent $60.60 at the spice store.

I bought:
1. Fancy Green Cardamon Pods
2. Tikka Masala blend
3. Mexican Cut Oregano
4. Ground Ancho Chile
5. Ground Cayenne
6. Tomato Powder
7. Asafetida
and
Deluxe Curry Set w/ ten bottles of spices:
1. Vindaloo
2. Red Thai Curry
3. Mild Yellow Curry
4. Rogan Josh
5. Zanzibar Curry Powder
6. Chat Masala
7. Garam Masala
8. Cambodian Lemongrass Curry
9. Tandoori Seasoning
10. Madras Curry

I really like curry. I prefer Mae Ploy brand thai red curry paste but I couldn't resist the set.

0 comments: