Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Head Country Barbecue Sauce


One of the things I am very grateful for is the variety of people I meet in my life. I meet people from very varied backgrounds and they all share with me something very personal - their food. I was gifted a bottle of very yummy Head Country brand barbecue sauce. The sauce came from Oklahoma.

A few weeks ago I made an impromptu barbecue pulled chicken sandwich that took all of 30 minutes from start to finish. I used a supermarket brand sauce (Sweet Baby Rays) because I was out of my favorite sauce from a local barbecue joint in Denver. Over the weekend, while waiting for the snow storm that never came, I found an excuse to use up some of the delicious barbecue sauce.

I was able to convince my coworker to give me her barbecue pulled brisket recipe. Perhaps one day I will try the recipe with brisket but for now this girl is not yet brave enough so I made it with pork roast instead.

5 pounds of brisket or pork roast/shoulder
32 ounces beef stock (reduced sodium Pacific brand)
Kosher salt
Red Rocks Smoke Seasoning (from Savory Spice Shop) or barbecue seasoning
Head Country BBQ Sauce

1. Place roast in crock pot with half of stock and cook on low overnight (8-10 hours).
2. In AM, add smoke seasoning, salt to taste, and additional stock.
3. Turn meat to opposite side and cook additional 4 hours.

*Brisket is typically good to go in 8-10 hours total. Add seasoning & turn at half way point.
After cooking, rest meat for about 15 minutes. Pull or slice meat. Add BBQ sauce.

I served on fresh baked bread that I made in the bread machine.

1 comments:

roguecookers said...

Nice Post

Must try the best restaurants in head country bbq having the yummy and the best barbeque dishes in the row.

Visit now to order it online.