Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Whole Foods Egg Salad


I love this egg salad. Whenever I stop by Whole Foods to pick up lunch and I am not really sure what I want to eat, I usually pick up this salad and a loaf of bread. Whole Foods is expensive and I can easily spend quite a bit of money on a few meals. The nice thing about many of Whole Foods products is the fact that they list their ingredients on the label. I've recreated several Whole Foods products by reading the label.

The last time I purchased their egg salad, I saved the lid. I was able to make a clone of their egg salad. It was pretty easy. I already have their canola mayonnaise. I didn't bother with using their 365 brand for the other ingredients. I roasted my own red pepper instead of opening up a jar of roasted red peppers because I had half a red pepper that I needed to use up. I stuck it in the oven while the eggs cooked and while I cut up the insanely large watermelon I bought from Costco this weekend.

The directions for the salad is pretty easy. Mix everything up and chill before serving.

5 eggs, hardboiled and sliced
¼ cup roasted red peppers, sliced
½ cup canola mayonnaise
1 teaspoon brown mustard
salt
pepper
1 green onion, sliced
2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
This entry was posted in

0 comments: