Friday, July 24, 2009

Potato Salad for the BF


The bf requested potato salad as a side dish for his turkey burgers. The night before he said, “I like onions and celery. I don’t like yellow okay? Make it white.” I looked at him and said, “what the hell are you talking about?” You see he randomly spurted all that out of nowhere. He believes I can read his mind. He had conversations in his mind and then spurts out a random thought and it leaves me going WTH?

The bf wanted regular old potato salad. He didn’t want mustard potato salad. So I made a non-yellow potato salad.

7 medium potatoes
5 large eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
1 large yellow sweet onion, finely chopped
3 ribs celery, finely chopped
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
1 cup Best Foods mayo
salt
pepper
flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped (use a handful)
8 petite kosher dill pickles, finely diced
¼ cup sweet relish
2 tablespoons cider vinegar

1. Place whole potatoes with skins in a large stockpot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are fork tender (about 20 minutes or so but don’t go by my timing since water boils at a lower temperature here at 5,280 above see level.)
2. Place eggs in pot, cover with water, cover with lid, bring to a boil and then turn off heat. Leave the eggs covered.
3. Once the potatoes are cooked, let them cool enough to handle. (This is when I leave to go shopping.) Peel and dice potatoes.
4. Mix the rest of the ingredients together and chill.

This entry was posted in

0 comments: