Friday, July 31, 2009

Shredded Pollo Asado Chicken: aka Costco Chicken



I love Costco (maybe not as much as my mom). My mom loved Costco so much that when they changed from accepting Discover to American Express, she also changed from Discover to American Express. She said she wanted to make sure she was able to pay for all of her Costco purchases. Many of our Costco purchases were well over $500. My mom likes to carry cash but even she sometimes did not have enough cash to cover the purchase.

Why was our bill so high? My mom purchased almost everything (except for the Asian food) for a family of five Costco. She purchased toothbrushes, toilet paper, mayonnaise, peanut butter, Eucerin lotion, frozen Foster Farms chicken corn dogs…the list goes on and on. I, of course do not spend as much as Costco but it is still a very dangerous place. I walk in with the intention of buying tortillas and end up with a set of down pillows.

On one of my trips to Costco I decided to buy the Ojai Cook Carne Asada Marinade. I’ve been eyeing this marinade for a while because they had it on demo and it was delicious.

2 pounds chicken tenders (also purchased at Costco)
2 cups of Ojai carne asada marinade
1 onion, sliced
oil
2 stalks green onions sliced
tortillas

Directions:

1. Rinse chicken tenders and pat dry. Marinate the chicken in marinade for a few hours or over night.
2. In a sauté pan or large skillet, heat a little oil and sauté onions until soft. Add the chicken tenders and sauce and cook through.
3. Shred the chicken. (I shredded it in the pan). Top with green onions and serve with tortillas. This makes great a great filling for tacos, burritos and enchiladas. I served with tortillas, Mexican rice and beans.

1 comments:

Par said...

I would like to visit Costco, don't think I ever been there.