Monday, September 21, 2009

Fish en Papillote

No recipe for this dish. You basically put dig through your fridge and see what you have. I always try to season with salt and pepper then add something acidic and something aromatic. Sometimes I use more herbs and spices but most of the time it is just salt and pepper. For the acidic ingredient, I usually use a splash of wine but this time I decided on lemon slices. I also like julienne leeks but I didn't have any so I did julienne carrots and added flat leaf parsley for color.

Preheat your oven to about 375 degrees. Cut heart-shaped parchment.

Place the fish on one half of the heart. Pretty much any fish will do.

Season with salt and pepper. I added a pat of butter because I was feeling it.

Top with slices of lemon, julienne carrots and some parsley leaves.

Fold over, crimp the edges and cut a few vent holes. Put the packets on a baking sheet and put them in the preheated oven.

Bake about 10 minutes.
This entry was posted in

0 comments: