Saturday, September 26, 2009

Favorite Apple


Guess what's in season? My favorite apple: the honeycrisp. This is a relatively new apple on the market. A few years ago (I think it was 2004) I discovered this new love. I love this apple so much. I remember checking out at the grocery store and three apples cost over $5.00. It is difficult to eat healthy.

Prior to discovering honeycrisps, my favorite apple for the longest time was the pink lady. I still eat pink ladies because the honeycrisp has a very short growing season (about a month). I think I will be eating honeycrisps every single day for the next month.

What is so special about this apple? The taste. It is sweet and tart at the same time and the crispness is to die for.
This entry was posted in

2 comments:

ceeeee said...

my...those are expensive!!!
those look like fuji apples that are available here in the philippines
however, they cost only 10-25 pesos ($0.20-0.50) apiece in the markets, and 99 pesos ($2.00)in the grocery.

i really like your blog. your recipes look really yummy
:DD

ceeeee said...

my...those are expensive!!!
those look like fuji apples that are available here in the philippines
however, they cost only 10-25 pesos ($0.20-0.50) apiece in the markets, and 99 pesos ($2.00)in the grocery.

i really like your blog. your recipes look really yummy
:DD