Thursday, August 06, 2009

Engagement Chicken in a French Oven

I decided to make engagement chicken again. I haven't made it in a while and I had a few whole chickens in the freezer. This time I decided to add a little thyme to the chicken since the original recipe calls for just lemon, salt and pepper. I also roughly diced a carrot and place the carrot pieces on the bottom of the pot and then set the chicken on top of the carrot. I usually do this when I'm not roasting with a rack. It raises the chicken up from any liquid and it prevents the chicken from sticking to the pot or pan. Sometimes I also use onions and celery in addition to the carrot but I was lazy so I only used a carrot.

I also quartered a few Klondike Rose potatoes and added them to the pot. I cooked the chicken in an oval enamel french oven with a lid on and removed the lid to allow the chicken to brown.


Cook until internal temperature reaches almost 165 degrees.

0 comments: