Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Spice Reorg


I bought 72 new square spice tins to reorganize all my spices. I had a bunch of those round metal favor tins but they were too small. I searched for the perfect size. I was searching for containers that were large enough to hold enough spices so that I did not have to refill the containers every two days but I didn't want them too large that they would take over the entire kitchen. I found 4 ounces a good compromise.

They are just like these but cheaper http://www.spicecubed.com/

The company shipped one box of 24 and the rest was backordered. I went ahead and started the repacking and labeling process. I have 48 more to package.

I need to come up with a game plan on how I want to store them. I am thinking either just stacking them inside a drawer or applying magnets to the back and sticking them onto either the refrigerator or on a magnetic dry erase board. I found a stainless steel finish magnetic dry erase board. I would then mount the board on the back of the pantry door. I'll have to see. It is still a work in progress.

0 comments: