Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Whole Foods Tuna Salad with Sun-Dried Cranberries and Lemon - revisited & tripled

My good friends welcomed a baby boy a few days ago and I've been trying to help the new parents by coordinating and cooking meals for the family. Co-workers and friends have all been eager to help with meals. Yesterday I dropped off the food and they were so thankful. My friend delivered via cesarean and the baby is feeding every few hours so cooking is the last thing on her mind. She said she was so exhausted that she would even consider eating tuna noodle casserole. I assured her that no one made tuna noodle casserole.

I noticed that everyone was doing dinners and I wanted to make sure she had some things for lunch. I know how much she loves the Whole Foods Cranberry Tuna Salad. I haven't made it in a while. It is easy enough. This time I tripled my recipe (which was already doubled the original recipe). Original recipe can be found published on this Boulder website. http://www.boulderclassifieds.com/food/recipes/04frecq.html

Whole Foods Tuna with Sun-Dried Cranberries and Lemon

6 cans solid white albacore tuna
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
juice from 2 fresh lemon
3/4 cups finely chopped yellow onion
1 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sugar (I found that you need a little more approximately 3 tablespoons)
3/8 cups coarsely chopped unsweetened sun-dried cranberries (I like it with a little more.)
kosher salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients except for the tuna. Drain the tuna and add to the other ingredients. Combine gently, making sure to not overmix. (This helps keep the tuna in more solid pieces.)

The tuna salad tastes wonderful with the Whole Food Country boule.

The shrinking can of tuna. A can of tuna used to be 6 ounces, now it is 5 ounces. I didn't have enough cans of the Whole Foods 365 brand tongol tuna so I picked up some Bumble Bee albacore fillet.
This entry was posted in

0 comments: