Sunday, March 19, 2006

Cooking Strike

I don't think I will be doing much cooking since my buddy Lisa is in Switzerland this week. Tomorrow Ms. Kimbelly is bringing lunch so I don't have to worry about that. It is really a good thing since I spent the entire day in the office. I picked up a roasted chicken breast, some whole wheat tortillas, raspberries, and some yogurt at the store. I shredded the chicken breast and served it on top of the tortillas with some salsa, cheese, and green leaf lettuce. I topped some chocolate ice cream with the raspberries. Dinner was quick and easy. Kim will be out the rest of the week and with Lisa in Switzerland, I don't think I will be making anything elaborate to eat. I'm still on my canned sardines kick. I know it is gross to many but I really enjoy it. It tastes good and is good for you. Next week I'll make teriyaki salmon burgers for the sb club. A few things have been a real staple on my everyday menu. Dannon yogurt with jello, milk for chocolate milk, meat, eggs, veggies, chia seeds...The dannon yogurt and milk is to make sure I get my dairy each day. Meat is a real staple. I eat eggs almost everyday. Lately poaching has been my favorite way to prepare them. Veggies in every form. Salads are great for salad. I love those bags of baby greens. Dinner is usually some cooked meat with steamed veggies. I drink my chia seeds religiously. Brown basmati and other whole grains are really starting to taste really good. Breakfast tomorrow may be the organic soy flax waffles or maybe some steel cut oats. Not quite sure yet. I guess it is my attempt at eating healthy. I am good when Lisa is around or when I eat alone but when other people are around I get tempted so easily to go for the onion rings and the pizza. I am not getting any younger so eating healthy is so much more important.

0 comments: