Thursday, March 09, 2006

Lee's Sandwiches



When I go home to San Diego I make the hour and a half drive up to Irvine. Right across the street from UC Irvine is a sandwhich shop called Lee's. For about $2.00 you can get a delicious 10 inch sandwhich filled with meat (I always get the grilled chicken), carrots, daikon. onions, cilantro, jalapeno slices, cucumber, and mayo. It is absolutely heaven. These Vietnamese sandwiches are called banh mi. The store bakes the french baguettes every day for the sandwiches.

The last time I was in California my friend Scott picked me up from LAX and we stopped by Lee's before going down to San Diego. When he came to visit me in Denver he brought a little box of my favorite little custard filled cakes called deli manjoo. There are several locations throughout California, Arizona, and Texas. I wish they would open one in Denver. There are NO good banh mi shops in Denver. I tried a little place on Federal Blvd. that my vietnamese nail tech recommended to me. I was disappointed. I've come to terms with the fact that I cannot find many things that I am able to find back home.

0 comments: