Monday, March 13, 2006

Pad Thai and Tom Yum Soup

I made yummy pad thai and tom yum soup for my sb lunch club today. Okay this has no exact measurements because I do not measure.

Pad Thai
- Rice Noodles, soaked in hot water ( I usually use the pho noodles sold in the refrigerated section but in this case I experimented with mung bean or cellophane noodles)
- chicken breast, sliced
- extra firm tofu
- shrimp
- eggs
- paprika
- pad thai sauce
- fish sauce
- garlic
- limes
- cilantro
- bean sprouts
- green onions
- peanuts

Since I baked the muffins the morning I went ahead and put the cube of tofu on a strainer and placed a heavy casserole on top to squeeze out the excess water. I then sliced the tofu and put into the oven to dry. I also stuck a pan of peanuts in there to toast.

The dish turned out a lot better than I had expected. The mung bean noodles were different but not bad at all.



Tom Yum Soup
- Can of chicken broth
- water
- chicken bones that I had in the freezer
- shrimp
- chicken breast strips
- mushrooms
- zucchini
- cilantro
- lime
- onions
- tomatoes
- fish sauce
- tom yum base
- chili in soy bean oil (i use the patainorasing brand)
This entry was posted in

0 comments: