Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Weird Cravings: Chicken Liver





I have had some weird cravings lately. A couple of days ago I craved sardines. Now that I am thinking about it I do want some more. I want the canned sardines in the tomato sauce. I have a can of the kind packed in water. I wonder what I can do with them. Tomorrow I think I will stop by the grocery store for some chicken livers. I think whenever my body needs iron I start craving chicken liver. I gave blood yesterday. I think that depleted my iron stores. This is what I like to do with chicken liver.

Chicken Liver
- Chicken Liver (washed and cleaned)
- butter
- onions, diced
- celery, rough chop
- carrots, rough chop
- salt & pepper to taste
- dash thyme
- dash tarragon
- flour (althout this time I made it w/out flour)

1. Wash, clean, and pat dry liver.
2. Season with salt & pepper.
3. Dredge in flour
4. Melt butter in saute pan.
5. Saute onions in butter. Add liver a few pieces at a time and brown.
6. Add celery and onions. Cook through.

0 comments: